Monday, September 14, 2009

Introduction

Nice to meet you :) My name is Daisy and I am a Junior at Montclair State University, majoring in Organizational Communications. This blog is purely dedicated to my college Listening course (Fall '09) and I will be updating it on a regular basis.

I think the idea of creating a blog for class (especially a Communication Studies class) is great. Today's leading businesses have established a dominant virtual world through newsletters, networking sites, and professional blogs and being a part of this world is- in my opinion- essential in order to keep up with the fast paced, competitive nature of today's job force. So I think this is a good start.

Other than that, I also think that this is the perfect channel to voice thoughts and opinions. I am excited to discuss topics relevant to this course as well as a variety of issues that interest me.

I look forward to learning about listening through my Listening class since I think that improving as a listener- and not only as a speaker- is essential in order to become a more effective communicator in both my personal life and career path.

No comments:

Post a Comment