Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Is There a Quota for Multi-Tasking?

I sat in class yesterday and felt completely stressed and overwhelmed, thinking of everything that is currently going on in my life.

While thinking and stressing over what I have to do, I was actually supposed to listen to speeches that were being performed by my classmates. I wanted to be attentive and supportive for them, so, even though it was challenging, I pressed pause on everything that wasn't related to the current moment. As my "to do" list was still screaming in the back of my mind for my attention, I took a deep breath and urged myself to concentrate.

Just as I tuned back into my classmates' speeches, a girl in my class walked up to the podium and began her speech: "the purpose of my speech is to inform the class about ways to deal with stress..."

3 comments: