Friday, December 18, 2009

[Boundaries, please]

(10/13/09 blog post)

In Freshman year, me and two other girls lived in a triple room on campus. The dorm room was extremely small and we shared a bathroom with two additional girls (our suitemates) so there was not much personal space. One of the roommates violated my own personal space by constantly leaving her personal belongings such as her hairbrush and her textbooks on my desk--which I found to be disrespectful since we had very little personal space as it is and it seemed selfish and inconsiderate not to care about anyone else's comfort in that unaccommodating living environment.

When that same roommate started inviting her best friend to stay over every day and practically let her move into our dorm, it became even more uncomfortable and I opted to switch dormrooms. We all need some sort of personal space and privacy, and if we feel that we have a lack of it, we tend to seek it elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment