Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Rhythm Is a Dancer

I consider rhythm as completely essential while working out. When exercising, rhythm from within is persistence to push yourself and let your energy flow and it's essential for me to reach a balance of having the same rhythm within as I do outside- around me. It's like having a double source of motivation. When I work out at the gym I listen to upbeat, encouraging music that flows well with my movement. Anything that makes me want to dance, jump, or run fits that criteria...which is a pretty broad selection.

I also like going on really long walks, and when I do-- I usually like to listen to meaningful music that has deep, contemplative lyrics, which trigger my thoughts and emotions (and obviously vary according to my mood). I can never walk on a track-- to me, it just feels like walking in empty circles. I need to have color and substance and to be able to soak up my surroundings. I walk through nature in a park, or in the urban environment of the streets around my town and take it as my personal time to inhale life into my lungs (and exhale any unnecessary, negative elements that I may be dealing with). To zoom into my own experiences and also look at the bigger picture of the world around me.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you with the walking on a track thought (empty circles.) Walking through a park or a neighborhood is way more exciting...

    ReplyDelete